Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break in Moab

Last week was spring break. John was lucky enough to get 2 weeks off from work so we headed to Moab with 4 other families. We had a great time even if it was a little colder that we thought it would be. I must say; however, that I was a little out of my comfort zone! This was definately a "boys" vacation!! Since I do have boys I will have to become a little less chicken! Yes, I am a chicken!! I don't mind watching my children ride motorcycles or do other crazy things but when I am the driver or passenger...I fear for my life! What can I say? I have NEVER driven a dirt bike, four wheeler, etc. In fact, until I met John I had never been on a motorcycle! Before we had kids we rode to Yellowstone on his street bike. Then, when I was pregnant with Jaxon we rode to Sturgis. I had a blast and loved going on motorcycle trips! I am thinking that riding a dirt bike or four wheeler (even a Jeep!)off or up steep inclines whether in rock or sand dunes is totally different! I will admit to being chicken!

Now, I did end up having a great time and hopefully will overcome by irrational fears! ha! After seeing Jen ride her motorcycle it gave me new inspiration! I told John that I want to be riding something...I have not decided on 2 or 4 wheels yet...but if my boys are going to do it, I may as well join them!! (eventually)!

Here are some pictures of the trip. Monday we went for a hike through a beautiful canon and then went to Goblin Valley. Tuesday each family rented a Jeep which ended up being really fun after I initially peed my pants! ha! We went on a trail called "Hell's Revenge"...need I say more? After Hell's Revenge we rode on another trail that eventually had us riding through the water. Fun!! Wednesday we went to some sand dunes. The boys were having a blast!! Jaxon tried to ride his motorcycle but the sand was way too soft and deep for his little 50 so he stuck with the little 4-wheelers. Little 4-wheelers may be our next investment! They also really loved riding in the Johnson's Razor, on John's motorcycle, and the bigger 4-wheelers. After some convincing, I took the Fleming's 4-wheeler out where I proceeded to dump poor Dallen right off the back! That's what happens when you don't know what you are doing! ha ha! Thursday we headed home...in the blizzard!! Friday John had to literally chisel away the ice and snow from the motorcycles to get them unlocked and off the back of the car! What an adventure!



Dallen's monster tumbleweed!






Jaxon jumping from "goblin" to "goblin" at Goblin Valley




This is where I almost peed my pants! Notice either side of the Jeep...






Here ya go, Shelley...Megan came with us of course. Here she is taking a break from the Jeep at lunch time! She was so patient and really didn't complain about anything!





Beautiful!


Tamzen, you are my hero!






Ethan's philosophy...when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!










Welcome Home!!

6 comments:

Berly said...

Sorry about the snow storm - but what a fun trip. You should definately get something. I love my quad. Not as scary for us girls who have never done this kind of thing before.

IT WAS FUN!!

Shelley said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! What an adventurous Spring Break! Where was Megan?

Tony said...

Lucky!..Looks like a great time!

Ms. Cara Havenar said...

Heck no, that "this is where I almost peed my pants" shot was enough for me, a definite chicken! And you don't have to join the boys like you said, that's what Megan's for...girly stuff while the rest of the household is off being dirty and crazy :)

Deb said...

Awesome pictures! That looks like so much fun. Scary? Peed your pants? I would have had an all out heart attack! Driving in the canyon with the mountain on one side and a sheer drop on the other nearly does me in every time...Hells Revenge is aptly named!

Tamzen Fleming said...

I was way out of my element too! It was all really fun though. I thought we were gonna die on that first climb of Hell's Revenge! The four wheeler's were fun. I'm definately gonna stick with 4 wheels! I've done so many things I never thought I would over the last few years, all to be with my guys, and it has been fun. I actually feel much braver than I used to! You put on a very brave face. I had no idea that you were scared!