Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jaxon!

I can't believe it has been 8 years since Jaxon was born! It seems like yesterday that he was this tiny little baby. Now, he is this big, active, reading, adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing, sometimes sassy, always sweet boy! He was so excited for his 8th birthday. We had the family over on his actual birthday (March 1) to surprise him! (Does that sound familiar to my previous post? John is in to surprises lately)! Jaxon had no idea anyone was coming over or that we were celebrating his birthday that day in any way. His favorite food is pizza so I picked up some Papa Murphy's pizza on Saturday along with his Spiderman III cake. John took Jaxon out for a walk around the neighborhood while I quickly decorated the house and started cooking the pizza. We had my parents, John's mom, and my sister-in-law, Kayla, park up the street. When Jaxon came home he was very surprised and happy everyone came over to celebrate his birthday. The following Thursday we took the boys to ITZ. The boys had a blast and I was thankful for a decent salad bar!

For his birthday, Jaxon got a bigger bike, a new set of scriptures, and some money for his birthday. Papa even surprised him again by hiding more cash in the pages of the scriptures! He loved his pizza and cake. However, beware of blue frosting!! That stuff is potent! Just a little bit and EVERYTHING turns blue! All of our mouths were bright blue. The next day Ethan demonstrated evidence that his insides were also blue...you get the picture...

I love my kids birthdays! I am always a little sad they are a year older but I also love how excited and happy they are about a day devoted only to them! Each age brings new milestones and all new adventures! I am looking forward to see what age 8 brings! First and foremost, Jaxon gets baptized this month. March 28! He is really looking forward to it!

Jaxon's first week home. He was so tiny!!


I think he kind of looks like Megan here! He loved to be outside...still does!


Jaxon at the Air Force football game eating kettle corn when he was 4. He still LOVES to go to the games with papa. He still loves the kettle corn there. I think he eats the whole bag!


It just doesn't seem right. It seems like yesterday Jaxon was riding his mini bicycle now....


he has graduated to this, AND...


this!!! The older they get the bigger, faster, and more dangerous the toys. Oh, well...such is life with little boys!


The infamous blue frosting!


Always a ham! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAXON! We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday buddy!!!! we love your smile :)`

Deb said...

When each of my kids turned 8 it hit me like a ton of bricks! They're getting baptized...old enough to be accountable...NO WAY!! They still seem so little to me and yet they insist on growing up. I can't stand it!
Jaxon is such a cutie. Has he started scouts yet? He's going to love it. My boys are having a blast!
Oh, and I love the electric blue smile!

havenars said...

Steve and I were visiting Lawrence when Jaxon was born, I remember getting "the call"! I can't believe that was 8 years ago...love the baby pics, what a cutie he was/is!

Berly said...

Happy Birthday Jaxon - Sorry we missed baptism but glad we could spend our fun in Moab with y'all.