Does anyone know how to get wall paint off of a refrigerator and table without totally ruining the appliance/table?
I had paint samples I was experimenting with. I put the little foam brush in a plastic bag so it wouldn't dry out (I'm too lazy to wash it and just use it later). Anyway, Ethan had a good time painting today!! The back of the couch (I got that out), the stamped concrete in the backyard, the sliding glass door, his toy car, his sweatshirt (a total loss), his cute little foot, and a nice Ethan height line ALL around the walls on our main level! GOOD TIMES!! I figured I could just paint over the walls but the fridge and the kitchen table...not so happy about! Help!!!
14 years ago
8 comments:
You could try a magic eraser. I'd rub gently at first to make sure you're not removing stain as well (in the case of the table). But I've never tried it with paint. I only know it's gotten me out of many a similar situation - like pen on a leather chair for example. I totally sympathize! Hope you figure it out.
I didn't think about the magic eraser. I'll have to try it on the table. I am having a little success with a tile grout brush on the refrigerator!
The magic eraser is a great idea, or try Googone. Dave just used it to get a bit of sharpie off our kitchen table. Of course,always test a small area first. Good luck!
Wow! Sounds like Maya and Ethan would have wonderful time together! She colored the back of a chair and walls today with a marker. Not as bad as your fun episode. But M's incident isn't the 1st lately!!! It seems like it never ends. Sounds like you are handling it a lot better than I do.
So thanks from the others for the cleaning tips!
Have you tried paint thinner on the fridge or concrete? If the paint is on the door glass you can you a razor blade made for scraping on windows.
AHHHHHH!! I would die. I agree with the above. Magic eraser and Googone. Warren swears by googone.
Painters use mineral spirits to clean spatters off of furniture. You can find it at the hardware store. put a very small amount on a clean dry cloth and gently rub the stain in a circular motion till stain is removed. DON'T rub hard or it will damage or remove the varnish too.
You might try going to the paint store to find something. I found a paint cleaning solution at a paint store once that took paint out of clothes and off surfaces. It worked really well, but I don't remember what it was called. Let me know how it goes!
I remembered the name of that solution. It was called Krud Kutter. It took dark green house paint(dried) out of Camryns light yellow dress. It's also supposed to remove grease, lipstick, nail polish and a bunch of other things. Good stuff.
That's what I got! I went to Target and they did not have Googone but they had Krud Kutter. I got it and it took the paint right off the fridge. It took it off the table, too but it also took off the finish...oh well, I guess I will just sand it down and re-stain it (I already did it once). It's great stuff!!
Post a Comment