Monday, January 26, 2009

Papa


I thought I would post a brief update instead of making a bunch of phone calls! My dad had surgery last week (Thursday the 22nd).Everything went really well. The doctor said it did not look like the cancer had spread beyond the bladder as the surrounding area looked like healthy tissue. Of course everything will be sent to the lab and we will know about the lymph nodes in a week or so.

He is doing well, just tired and very sore! I think it is amazing what doctors can do these days! They made a "new" bladder out of part of his intestine and routed things out the regular way. (I know...probably more information than you all wanted to know but I think it's so cool what they can do now)! He is still in the hospital and is anxiously awaiting the day he can EAT!!! and go home!!! So, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! He still needs them so keep it up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so happy to hear everything went well. We've been thinking of you guys all weekend. Here's to hoping the tests come back negative!! Take care Kristi!

Deb said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. All of you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Your dad is such a trooper! Let us know how the tests come out. We will continue to hope and pray. I know everything is going to be just fine. I'm also amazed at what they can do these days. A new bladder...who would have thought?

Ms. Cara Havenar said...

Wow, very amazing what can be done now indeed! So interesting. Good to hear that all went well for your nice dad!

Berly said...

I am glad he is doing well. What a trooper and I hope everything continues to go well.