Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas is over?

I don't know where it went but I can't believe Christmas is already over! I took all my Christmas decorations down today and it felt like I had just put them up! I guess that's what happens when you get old...time goes faster and faster and faster...

We had a great Christmas! My parents came over and spent the night so they could spend Christmas Eve and experience Christmas morning with the boys. On Christmas Eve we drove around looking at Christmas lights. Speaking of, did anyone go see the house in Pine Creek that gave the Griswald's a run for their money? It was impressive!! I should have taken pictures but did not. Maybe next year! Santa brought a Wii, Bakugon (don't ask), and a plethora of Star Wars Lego's! Needless to say the boys got more than they needed and most of what they wanted. Spoiled turkeys!!

I am currently trying to get used to John's new schedule. He has NEVER worked days our entire married life and I am thinking that I'm not so fond of it yet! I am getting used to the new schedule, 4 kids, and some days (most days) those cute little munchkins drive me crazy!! John is supposed to be home in the evening but that is even a maybe...like right now...he probably won't be home until late. I did get to go shopping the day after Christmas (just Megan and me)until the afternoon when he got paged out. I had to cut my retail therapy short. That's okay though, I got a full session in the next day! he he he!! Just when I think I have it under control and my sanity is in check one of my offspring does something like this:

I told Ethan to go wash his hands for dinner. He went in to the bathroom and I hear water. I am thinking, "What a good boy! He is washing his hands the first time I asked him!" I decided to check on him and praise his obedience. Well, I found sweet Ethan washing his hands. He was scrubbing as hard as he could and had quite the lather build up to his elbows! The only problem was...he was washing his hands in the toilet!!!!!! So much for sanity and organization today!!

Here are some pictures from Christmas! Enjoy!


Megan going to church the Sunday before Christmas. I just love these little girl dresses!!


Every year we make gingerbread men. I think the boys eat more than they make but that's what's fun right?


Dallen is Mr. Meticulous!


Ethan could not have enough sprinkles.


Original Works of Art!


Ethan is the official taste tester for gram's pie crust...


Did I mention he was half naked?

7 comments:

Cyn said...

AWESOME pictures! The last one is my absolute favorite! LOL!!! He'll hate that one when he's 16, so it's your job to make sure all his dates see it! ;)

Lots of love to all of you!!! Please give our best love to my sweet aunt and uncle, too! Why don't they have a blog? :)

Deb said...

Although your life has become quite hectic....your children are adorable! I love that last pic with Ethan and Aunt Ellen. Priceless! Oh, and I know all about bakugon...I have two 8 year olds, remember?!
Lots of love to you and yours. I hope you have many more adventures to fill your time in the new year!!

Hans and Michelle said...

Very cute. Hope you get used to a normal working schedule!

Anonymous said...

Bless you and your patient soul! You are a GREAT mom and lucky to have such cuties! btw - thanks for the promo of the photos, that was really nice of you!

Jen and Kent said...

I LOVE megans adorable dress...too cute!

It doesn't matter what you have on (or don't have on) as long as you have on your boots! I love that picture!

daveanddebbie said...

Love the picture of Ethan in his boots! Too funny! How'd those cookies taste? :)

R A C H A E L said...

Megans little polka dot dress is perfection! SO sute.

I think my favorite photo has to be the half naked Ethan. Priceless.

I didn't know you had a blog! So excited.