Friday, May 1, 2009

Holes, Holes, Holes...


2 months ago I bought Jaxon and Dallen each 3 new pairs of jeans. Between the two of them all but 1 pair now have HUGE holes in the knees. I've been buying them at The Children's Place but I don't think I will anymore. I just added the jeans to the growing pile on their dresser which has 8+ pairs with holes, holes, holes! I am going to have to cut them off so they can use them as play shorts this summer :)

Who has jeans that are boy proof but does not make them look like they are visiting from 1972 or the jeans are so stiff they can't even move? I just want some jeans to last more than 2 months...am I asking too much? Maybe so...

5 comments:

Saquel25 said...

I have been dealing with this exact problem for several years. Except my daughter is the worst. I recently threw out three pairs of her pants with huge holes in the knee. I mentioned it to Brother Fleming on Sunday and he told me about a company that will replace the jeans if they wear through the knee but only the same size. You might want to ask him because I've forgotten now that name of the company.

Kayla Cooks said...

I think Sears will replace the item if it wears out before it is grown out of. They'll even do it for shoes. I've bought Parker a lot of nice clothes from eBay for really cheap(at least I did till I started getting your boys' non-holey clothes!). So if they wear them out in a month, no big deal.

Glass Dragon said...

I don't have any pants advice. As far as I know there is no such thing as boy-proof pants. I'm really just posting to say I got your invite. Thanks a bunch! :)

Deb said...

It's hard to find boy-proof pants, believe me, I know! I bought the twins pants at The Children's Place and Gap for Kids until I realized that no matter where you get them or how expensive they are they WILL have holes in a matter of months. The same is true for their shoes and socks! I have resorted to buying the cheapest jeans I can find. That way, when they wear out a couple of months later, I have the satisfaction of knowing that I can buy 3 more pairs for the same amount I used to spend on one pair!

Anonymous said...

hey girl - that 'company' is Sears...they have some kind of kids program that replaces all the stuff withing a certain timeframe! Good luck girl!